10/24/09

Pink Saturday!

This Saturday I'm sharing these vintage paper dolls. Enlarge, print on card stock and cut out. They could be given to your Halloween guests.
This one is by Grace Drayton (1877-1936) Halloween illustrated paper doll .
Drayton also did the Campbell soup kids.


Paper dolls have existed for more than 300 years and even until now, they are still inexpensive toys every child can play with.




 This one below, was found in the trash by Mark Forder. He stumbled across it when it was being thrown out in a dumpster filled with other boxes.  He took the box home and placed it in a closet where it remained for 6 months or so. One day he had some free time and he decided to see what was in it, and to him it appeared to be just a bunch of old papers. Not knowing much he started to inquire about the various papers over the internet and he also purchased a book on "Paper Collectibles". Much to his suprise he was finding that many of the papers were important to local historians as well as national societies/museums such as "The Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame", and the "Smithsonian" (for the theatre papers).
What a find. 
One mans trash is anothers mans treasures.
To see what else was in the box go to Marks website.


 To see more PINK SATURDAY participants....hop over to Beverly's at

ENJOY!
~Jany~

8 comments:

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Love these paper dolls!



~ Gabriela ~

Claudia said...

I used to love playing with paper dolls - these are so lovely. Happy Pink Saturday!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Jany this is a really interesting collection. Thanks for sharing it with us. I hope you are having a great Pink Saturday.

Tara said...

My sister and I would play with paper dolls for hours when we were young, it was so much fun! Hope you have a cheery pink Saturday!

Char said...

I used to play with paperdolls for hours and hours. They were so much fun and I remember having to cut them out. Much later, you could punch them out, took far less time too. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

CC said...

I love,love,love the paper dolls. My sister and I used to play for hours with ours..ooo, how I wish I could find some for my very own. What a great fun collectible. Happy Pinks and have a great week.

Beverly said...

Fantastic! I loved paper dolls when I was a child. I would save my money so I could buy more at the drug store.

Happy Pink Saturday, Jany.

lala said...

Hi, I just found your blog thru Bunny Cottage, and so glad I did!! Thank you so much for sharing such wonderful images, I am using one of your halloween images for my dinner placecards.