6/03/11

Pink Saturday In Loving Memory of My Mom

Hello to all my Pink Saturday friends,

I have not been around for awhile, do to the passing of my mother on April 24, Easter 2011.
 So..... I have been in southern California for the past 8 months taking care of my mother up until she passed away. Now I am still here going through 48 years of arts, crafts and collectibles, and having lots of fun doing so. She saved everything. Later on I will share with you some of her treasures. 
But this Saturday I am sharing with you my Mom's beautiful Pink casket, with Pink flower embellishments around the sides. Pink was her favorite color too.
 
This is the seed pack design I created. I filled them with seeds from her garden and passed them out to the guest at her Celebration of Life.
I designed a matching thank you card that I sent to guest and those who sent flowers.
This is me and my two daughters. Of course I'm the one in Pink.
To see more PINK SATURDAY participants....hop over to Beverly's at


ENJOY!
Jany

9 comments:

From The Heart said...

I am sorry about your Mom..but she was blessed to be loved so much.The seeds and the thank you cards are lovely.What a great thought.
Blessings on you!
Shirley

Kathy said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your Mom. I lost my mom 8-1/2 years ago and I still pick up the phone to call her.

I, too, have not been blogging. I lost my precious husband on 4/25, due to a stroke -- totally unexpected! I feel your pain.

Unknown said...

I've never seen a pink casket before, but why not? Your seed packets are gorgeous and a fabulous idea. Sorry about your mom's passing, I'm sure you have wonderful memories of her. Happy Pink Saturday!

genie said...

What a sweet tribute to your mother. I think the pink casket is absolutely the prettiest one I have ever seen. How appropriate for a lady lover of pink. You and your daughters look beautiful in the picture. I know you are all so sad to lose such a dearly loved and special person, but your celebration of her life is a wonderful way to give her that one last gift. Thanks so much for sharing these dear photos with us. Take care. Genie

Jenny's Heart said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your mom. I am sorry for your loss, and oh how pretty the pink is.

♥ Miss Tea said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, she's so blessed to have lived and loved by you and others around her, lovely pink seed packets that you made for the guests, what a wonderful tribute! xx Susan

thank you for dropping by my blog and for the anniversary wishes :)

Arabella said...

What a lovely tribute to your mother. The seed packets are such a lovely idea ~ well done!

Hugs,
Marie

LaVerne said...

Jany,First,let me offer my condolences. I know something of what you are facing. My sister and I lost our mother on Saturday before Easter.
we tried to personalize her services to reflect her unique personallity and talents. I have been going through pictures and cards and this Sunday at our family reunion, many of my cousins will be getting packets with their birth announcemants, wedding invitations, their children's and even grandchildrens' birth announcements along with old black and white pictures of vacations and Christmas parties.
Having so many wonderful memories has helped during these sad days.
I enjoyed your comments on the deer...you say they like banana peels? Hubby can't wait to try offering some to our little herd.
Thanks for the Pink saturday visit and again, my sympathies are with you.

Sonia said...

What a beautiful post! So sorry for your loss...I lost my Dad 10 years ago...still hurts..but I have learned to go on and feel his presence with me. Hope each day you feel more comfort and can begin to get back to a routine.
Take care,

Miss Bloomers